Autorickshaw driver Vikram Dantani, who invited Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to his much-hyped dinner at his home in Ahmedabad two weeks ago, took a U-turn on Friday and said he was very close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Big fan and staunch supporter of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Autorickshaw driver Vikram Dantani, who invited Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to his much-hyped dinner at his home in Ahmedabad two weeks ago, took a U-turn on Friday and said he was very close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Big fan and staunch supporter of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Dantani was seen wearing a saffron-coloured patka and cap at a public rally of Modi in the city's Thaltej area on Friday. Modi is on a two-day visit to Gujarat.
When asked by the media, Dantani said that he had invited Kejriwal to his house during the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) meeting at Ahmedabad's Town Hall on September 13, as he was asked to do so by the leaders of an autorickshaw union. . Dantani came into the limelight when AAP's national convener Kejriwal went to Dantani's house in an autorickshaw after accepting an invitation for dinner for the meeting.
Dantani said, "I had invited Kejriwal for dinner as I was asked to do so by our union leaders. As soon as I offered him to host the meal at my house, Kejriwal accepted it. I didn't know that this would become such a big issue even though I am not associated with the party (AAP) at all. I am not in touch with any AAP leader after that incident." The autorickshaw driver further said that he is a big fan of the Prime Minister and has always voted for the BJP.
Dantani said, "I have come here (for the rally) because I am a big fan of Modiji. I have been with BJP from the very beginning and I have always given my vote to BJP. I am not saying this under any pressure." Kejriwal held a meeting with autorickshaw drivers at the town hall here on September 13 as part of AAP's campaign in Gujarat ahead of the assembly elections due later this year. During the conversation, Dantani had urged Kejriwal to have dinner at his home and the offer was immediately accepted by the Delhi Chief Minister.

Post a Comment